Apple Nutrition Facts• Apples don't have fat, cholesterol or sodium, which may help you maintain heart health and a healthy weight.
• Apples do have lots of fiber - both soluble and insoluble kinds. Fiber may help promote heart health and maintain regularity.
• Apples contain small amounts of potassium, which may promote heart health and help maintain healthy blood pressure.
Doesn't this look sooooo goood!!! This is a must try recipe for
Then there is Paula Deen Caramel apple cheesecake bars..Oh my heavens!
Then to wash that all down ........Fresh apple cider!
Spiced Homemade Apple Cider Recipe
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 apple
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish (optional)
- 2 tsp whole cloves
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 quarts apple cider (ideally fresh)
To start, carefully stick the cloves into the apple. Then mix the allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, clove studded apple and apple cider in a pan. Place it on low heat and bring to a simmer. In about 10 minutes, the apple cider will get imbibe the flavors of the spices. Take the pan off the heat and toss away the apple. You could either strain or spoon the spiced cider into mugs and garnish each mug with a cinnamon stick and slice of orange. You will make around a gallon, which comfortably serves 8.
***Recipes courtesy of links listed***
So go ahead and take a bite of an apple......it will put a smile on your face!!!!!
Hugs and apple blessingsKathy