Wednesday, July 14, 2010

This is my dollie and my ground

This is my new dollie that I have been working on. I really am a amateur with sewing and I guess I may get better as I practice more with others.
 


Made cabbage rolls yesterday for dinner. Haven't had those in a while. I think they taste better the next day anyway. Waiting for the tomatoes in the garden to ripen. Want to get started on the canning of those and to make a good ole mater sandwich.  My dad also planted kohlrabi, lettuce, parsley, banana peppers, green peppers, grape tomatoes and I added cabbage, zucchini.  The kohlrabi and lettuce are gone along with his green onions. They are the first things to grow.


Watched Deadliest Catch last night to say farewell to Captain Phil. So sad to watch. He was young...it makes you put things in perspective....life is short whether it be minutes to years.One thing that upsets me is how many people live for "things" and how much they can obtain. I always said "you can't take it with you" but some still think that is what life's all about...what you can get. The psalm... is one I read to understand no matter what you have on earth..you must prepare for heaven.....
Matthew 6:19-21

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust
destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for
yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys,
...and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is,
there your heart will be also.
On that note I will say 'Have a great day"
Many blessings!
Hugs and smiles
Kathy 
















4 comments:

•♦•The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Hey!! how are ya??
Love your doll!! Your cabbage rolls sound yummy-I agree-much better the next day!
We've been picking zucchini and cukes like mad...My dad loves Kohlrabi! I haven't planted any in years-maybe next year I will surprize him and plant some!!
I haven't watched Deadliest Catch in a long time...what happened to Capt. Phil?

mornings322 said...

Hey Kath...I'm doing ok. On Deadliest Catch some time ago Capt Phil got sock, don't know if you saw that episode, and he had to quit smokin...well to speed things up, this year he had a major stroke and brain surgery and for awhile things were looking up for him...sorry to say he passed away this year about 3-4 months ago. He was in his 50's...still so young. The episode was so sad on how he and his boys spent the time in the hospital with him before he died. There is still one episode next week that ends that season with some more of Captain Phil. they showed how he liked to live and how he built these amazing bird houses. Truly one talented man.


Kathy

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Hey Kathy, thanks for coming by my blog and being a follower. I am so enjoying meeting new people.
Your doll looks great!! I just love making all these prims!!
Your garden sounds wonderful, we had hoped to have a garden this year, been several years since we have. Maybe next year.
Have a great day!!
Blessings,
Lorna

Jacqueline said...

I know some girls who could cuddle with that doll! I was so excited to get my first tomato today and I too was going to make my mater sandwich and a darn red worm got there first! Have a great weekend.