Friday, January 22, 2010

Unfortunitely it happened...

Hello to all.

Well, it finally happened. I have been to the doctor's yesterday and I had to do a blood test today. The bad news is that I am now diabetic. I had a feeling something was going on and now it is confirmed. Not having to do the insulin shots but possibly the pills next week. I got a glucose meter and have to record my sugar until Monday when my doctor wants to see me again for some other tests that she wants to further check on.

I discussed with her the weight loss surgery and I have to call and make an appointment with the Pittsburgh facility that my insurance will accept. That kind of surgery they do not do in my area. I will have to travel about 50 miles to the hospital. If all goes well with the initial visit I may have the surgery in June/July. I first have to make an effort to loose some weight in 6 months. Knowing that I am now diabetic, it has got me going.

On a lighter note, my niece had her baby yesterday at 2;23 pm. She weighs 6lb 12oz and 18 1/2 inches. She is such a little peanut, bot oh so precious. She has a headful of dark hair and she's so tiny,lol. I call her peanut and sweet potato. She is my second great niece since Oct. 2009...the third one is due in March

Here she is and her name is Marlena. Second, is Amy giving her the first taste of gluclose water....she didn't want it at first...she was resting, lol. Thirdly, is Todd (daddy) and finally Amy an hour and a half after birth...she was awake for and in labor for 24 hours. Needless to say...she was tired.







Well, that's all that has been happening as of late.

Everyone have a great weekend and keep safe and warm.

Many blessings,

Kathy

4 comments:

Loretta said...

Hi Kathy,
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I am a type II diabetic also. If you want to talk you can email me at las1019@hotmail.com. Hugs, Loretta from Under the Wild Cherry Trees

Linda* ~ TheKeepingroom said...

Sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope you get them under control.
Your niece's baby is darling. Have fun spoiling her!
Blessings,
Linda*

Kath ~★The Olde Weeping Cedar ★~ said...

Hey girl!
Sorry to hear this...I wish ya the best and hope everything works out for ya...and I will keep ya in my prayers.
Marlena is just gorgeous! You sure have been blessed with some beautiful girls in your life :)

hehe-I have to tell ya...when I first saw your blog was updated with a new post (it's only a snippet of what you actually wrote)...all I saw was..... "Unfortunately it happened".... I went to see a doc today and had to do a blood test".....................
then I saw a pic of a babe! Well....ya know what I thought, right? LOL! *wink*

Have a great weekend...it's s'posed to be pretty nice... like spring! YAY!

mornings322 said...

Kath your a hoot! At my age, lol....that's just to funny!
thanks for the prayers.

Have a great weekend!

kathy