Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Fav Pic

Hello everyone! Hope all is well with you all.

We went to the Pittsburgh Zoo on Sunday and thank goodness we were there before the rain. The pic below is my fav one that I took. The animals were all lazy and not to close to take good pics of. The aquarium was amazing with the colorful fish.














Been a little drab for a few days...just can't get ahead. This shall pass though, I know.
Just can't believe that July 4th is right around the corner. Where is the time going?


I've taken the dreaded step and cut way back on thrifting. I believe I have withdrawal. I miss looking for the best deal on something. Maybe once again I will be able to go back at it.
Ed got called back to work, but get this, only for two weeks. He believes that they need crews to clean up so that they can shut down and rebuild a new hot furnace. The one there now is getting old and makes alot of mistakes in turning out the glass panals once it goes through the different sections. Just my luck, but good for him. We were planning to go to Lancaster next week, Tues, Wed., and Thurs. This is the second time I planned on going and something happened for us not to be able to go. I really starting to believe that I am a jinx, lol.
So now, maybe we will be able to go in about a month or so, fingers crossed.




September is going to be a very busy month. Both my niece and my nephew are getting married. I will have 2 wedding showers and 1 baby shower to go to at that time. I will become a great auntie in October. Then, sometime possibly in Jan., my other niece will be having her baby. They all are making me feel old. But I can't wait to meet my great nieces or nephews. One is supposedly a girl but the baby wasn't turned enough so maybe next time she will know for sure.



Well not much else happening. I am going to try and make a sampler with a crow on it. I love crows and one day hope to have one of those that I have seen that has a crow sitting on top of what I think is like a thread bobbin (if that's what it's called).

Everyone enjoy the day and be safe.

Have a wonderful Happy Fourth of July!





>


4 comments:

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

I'd love to go to Lancaster too, hope you get to go this time.
The zoo looks great I'd like to see the aquarium it does look so pretty.
Have a safe 4th too:)
Rondell
PS I havn't been to GW in over two weeks, just have so much here but I do feel that I'm missing something:)

JenW!~ said...

Great pics. I've always wanted to go to Lancaster PA but have yet to get the chance. I can hop over Lancaster, OH anytime since it's near by but it's not the same.LOL Anyway hope things work out for you.

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

I hope you are able to go on your Lancaster trip soon! My husband was just there for work, once of these times I need to go with him!
Kim

Kath ~★The Olde Weeping Cedar ★~ said...

Love your pics :)
Sorry I have been so lax in visitng and in posting... I am so behind! Hope ya are doin well and havin a great summer...hope too it's warmer down your way that it has been up here?
How's you dad doin? .......and how's your pond looking? did ya ever get any fishies for in it?? I can't rememeber how deep it is...as long as it's 18" + your fish will overwinter ok :) Are your plants doin well? I bet it's filling in nicely!
I wanted to let ya know...[I know it's been so long since I've posted ya prolly gave up on me]...but I am havin a giveaway and wanted you to enter if ya'd like to!

Have a great weekend!

hugs-Kath