Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pics from this weekend

These first 5 pics are from a town called "Scenery Hill" I got there pretty early therefore not so much activity. This past weekend was "National Pike Days" A celebration of the National Road...Rt. 40. There are plenty of activities here on the weekends. Plenty of yard sales and flea markets too. I really did find that much. I got just a few pics. The first one shows how you can see for miles.
Secondly, is the main street, third is a sign on the house of the fourth pic...see if you can read it, I laugh, it says House of Entertainment, lol! and the last one is of this house that has many antiques in it that are for sale. The last few times I was there, they weren't open though. It's really packed inside with the most wonderful pieces.












It definitely was a beautiful day!


The following are of the Wagon Train that was in Hopwood, PA. It did surprise me though this year, the wagons had rubber wheels on them. In past years, they were all wodden as such in the one that is black.










That's all for now
Until next time

2 comments:

wrcdgc said...

Love the pictures. I've never seen runner wheels on a horse and buggy before.

Donna

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

We had a wagon train go through our city last summer. It was so neat!! We had some with regular tires and then some really cool authentic wagons! I wanted to bring a few of them home for my front yard :0)
Kim