Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sounds delicious

Came across these two recipes that sound just wonderful and easy. Take a look!

Sour Cream Bacon Chicken

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 8 hours,

Ingredients:

* 8 bacon slices

* 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

* 2 (10 oz) cans roasted garlic cream of mushroom soup

* 1 cup sour cream

* 1/2 cup flour

Preparation:

Wrap one slice of bacon around each boneless chicken breast and place in a 3-4 quart crockpot. In medium bowl, combine condensed soups, sour cream, and flour and mix with wire whisk to blend. Pour over chicken. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours until chicken and bacon are thoroughly cooked. Serves 8


Crockpot Pork with Cabbage

Red cabbage and pork are natural partners. The sweetness of the cabbage really complements the juicy savory flavor of the pork roast.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 8 hours,

Ingredients:

* 4 cups shredded red cabbage

* 1 onion, chopped

* 1/2 cup brown sugar

* 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar

* 1/2 tsp. salt

* 1/4 tsp. pepper

* 3 pound boneless pork shoulder roast

Preparation:

Combine cabbage, onion, brown sugar, and vinegar in 4 to 4 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper and brown in heavy skillet, about 5-6 minutes total, turning until browned on all sides. Place pork in slow cooker; cover, and cook on Low for 7-8 hours until pork registers 160 degrees F. Serves 6

Courtesy of http://busycooks.about.com/od/chickenrecipe1/r/sourcrbacchix.htm


xxx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xxx


Sorry pics are scrambled.

This is what I came across today at the thrift store. The three piece whatchamacallits $4.99, lol,I believe they are copper, I have hanging at the fireplace, there's a little decorative bird cage, and two molds for the pantry cakes that I will get to make once I get my cupboard together that I want to make.







xxx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xx~~xxx

Easter was good for us. We all stayed home and I put together, along with Ed and my Dad, a swing with canopy that folds down in like a futon bed . Can't wait until the weather gets better to try it out. Warm sun, slight breeze, and just swinging away!! Sounds heavenly.

Well gonna go and finish dinner. We are having steak cooked in mushroom soup with mushroom pieces, peas, french onions, and potatoes. It smells sooooo good.

Everyone have a great evening.

6 comments:

Woods Olde Homestead said...

Hi Kathy... your recipes sound good and I was looking at all the good finds you have been finding...TFS....hope you have a great evening...
Prim Blessings...
Tonja

wrcdgc said...

Hmmm sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing those recipes.

Donna

Linda / Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Kat - thanks for stopping by! I was a geriatric aide then a nurse before the kids were born. Not enough people serve that population so thank you for that!

hugs, Linda

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

I'm printing those recipes...they sound great:)
Rondell

terriermama said...

I never find anything good at the thrift shops.

Those recipes look amazing! I'm passing them on to my daughter also.

I Play Outside The Box said...

That chicken recipe sounds fantastic!! Thanks for sharing!!