Thursday, January 22, 2009

Busy two days

The last two days have been quite busy. I finally got my 4 ton of coal delivered. Ed shoveled two ton in yesterday and the other 2 ton was delivered today.....still setting there. It's hard work shoveling all of that in. I will start on the pile tomorrow and as the weekend goes and the weather holds out it will all get shoveled in.
Had some running around to do with paper work and my daughter starting school in Feb. so Ed and I went into town. We had lunch at the New Century Chinese Buffet. Around lunch time it gets so packed in there. The lunch special is $5.49 all you can eat and with different things to eat..even fries and pizza so there's a variety to choose from. I love the frozen corn and the green beans. They put some kind of sauce on the beans with garlic and it tastes sooo goood, a hint of sweet to it also. There are several types of chicken, general tso, walnut, pepper and onion, honey. I know what some say about the chicken, but they are quite tasty. It's all in what your believe, lol.
I finished my mini quilt rack and primmed it black and sanded the edges. I'll try to post a pic soon. I want to hang it up and put a few things on it first.
Ashley's getting excited to start school on Feb. 2 for the massage therapy. We have to go and get some uniforms and shoes...8 months is $9,500. and that's just for a diploma and certification but that's what she wants to start out on so I support her in her journey.
I want to start a sampler for my daughter for her venture into the "real" world so to speak. Not quite sure what to put on it yet. Have to think about it a little.

Apple Cinnamon is my fav scent and I by this bottle of oil from Walmart for oil warmers but I put it on other things as well. It's Elegant Expressions. They are in dark bottles , 2fl oz., $1.97 a bottle. There are all kinds of scents but this is my fav.They have it in the candle isle here. If you get a chance check them out.

I have some scrap wool and was thinking of making a wooden spoon rack. Nothing special, to me it would look more primitive. I like the barn red color but I have seen a little deeper color that I like but don't know the name of it. If anyone knows, please let me know. I don't want to paint it black or leave it natural.

Well that's all for today, it' gettin late. Tomorrow's another day, lol...but it's FRIDAY!!!!

Everyone have a good night and keep warm.
Smiles and Hugs,


Kathy

Kathy

2 comments:

Sue said...

Glad i don't have to burn coal....I don't think anyone here in our area of Minnesota burns coal...Lots of wood burners tho...My daughter has one..it is piped into the house and horse barn....They are always cutting wood....I wish your daughter well in her schooling..
Hugs
Sue

mornings322 said...

Thanks Sue for the comment. There are still a few that use coal here. To find wood to burn or someone that sells it is far and few in between. I know someday I won't be able to burn coal though. Maybe by then I will have an alternative.

Have a good day!